Skip to main content

Generator Running 60 PC's

More
16 years 6 months ago #23771 by chandak76
Hi,

We are planning on buying a generator that would run +- 60 PC's, I would like to what capacity of a generator that would handle that much PC's,We are not going to run anything else like lights or air cons but the pc's and maybe 4 dsl routers.How can I calculate how much power 1 pc will need?

Thanks in advance
More
16 years 6 months ago #23775 by DaLight
About 500W a PC will be a very conservative estimate unless you're powering a gaming cybercafe or something.
More
16 years 6 months ago #23788 by TheBishop
You don't expand on your application but remeber you'll also need to consider other things such as whether you are hoping for failover from the regular mains supply and how that will be achieved. Also you probably won't be able to just throw the load of 60 PCs onto the generator in one go; you'll need to start them up in batches as the startup surges will give you trouble either with the generator, the PCs or both
More
16 years 6 months ago #23790 by chandak76
Thanks for the info, I will definately no plug all the pc's at once and it will not be all the 60 pc's that will be powered at any particular time.I've got a ups on my server which i'll power first before it goes off then the few pc's
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds