Skip to main content

CSS/HTML trouble

More
20 years 4 months ago #1993 by sahirh
CSS/HTML trouble was created by sahirh
I'm having a rather strange problem with my weblog. The url is
tftfotw.blogspot.com

Basically, when the page loads, it only shows about half the posts.. then if i hover over the link which says what time I posted it at (the little red byline link below each post), the rest of the page seems to just magically appear...

The wierd part is that if I view source, the rest of the posts are there.. they just aren't showing up.

I'm pretty sure its something really basic, like an unclosed tag or something.. but I spent a long time getting some of the other stuff working (the XML feeds and tickers) so I just don't have the energy to debug it.

If someone would be good enough to peek at the source (or if you know of blogger having this problem) and know whats going wrong, let me know. :)

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #2022 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: CSS/HTML trouble
Seems to work OK for me, unless I misunderstand what you are pointing to.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 4 months ago #2025 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: CSS/HTML trouble
I just saw the problem!

When I visited the site, it was showing up correctly and then I selected one of your scrolling news titles. After the new page had loaded, I hit the 'back' button and saw the problem.

Half of the page is being displayed, while the rest is missing. Placing the mouse above the "link to this post" line made the rest of the page appear.

I am suspecting some java script is responsible for this, but I am not sure.

Do you remember what changes you made before the problem started to appear ?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 4 months ago #2033 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: CSS/HTML trouble
Yep, I'd just added the Top Viruses column to the sidebar.. something like this had happened before, I just can't seem to figure it out !

If I load the template into dreamweaver do you think it might point something out ? I'm really no HTML expert.. I just modify the default style sheet as much as I want.. mostly through trial and error ;)

Pity though, because its actually looking quite nice with the security feeds n all isn't it !

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds