Skip to main content

IT OUTSOURCING

More
17 years 2 months ago #19815 by sose
IT OUTSOURCING was created by sose
I want to know he future of exporting IT jobs via the internet to third world countries .This is an important prevailing issue inthe global IT market. India made more than 60 billion dollars in 2006 from IT outsourcing . PLease, I wan t ur opinion.

thanks

sose
More
17 years 2 months ago #19818 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: IT OUTSOURCING
Hmm, good question.
I think it will definitely continue, at least for the time being, and it will focus on the areas we see at present where the skills are 'transportable', by which I mean a job can be done just as well anywhere regardless of location. Things like call centres, software engineering, web hosting, manufacturing and configuration, distribution/warehousing, security and business process outsourcing operations. Even so there are some things that you can't move offshore such as the installation and maintenance of network infrastructure for the local offices/customer base so there'll still be a few jobs left for the rest of us!
More
17 years 2 months ago #19821 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: IT OUTSOURCING
Lately there has been moves to bring some overseas jobs "back" due to customer disatisfaction and even now some companies are using this as a sales gimmick. (banks usually) I can't see this prevailing though.

Countries like India have a highly educated workforce and will work for 10% of what the salary would be in say Europe or the States. As far as senior managers are concerned, there is far too much money to be saved by outsoucing overseas and in a world driven by profit, I can see this only continuing.

It is a continuing battle.
More
17 years 2 months ago #19881 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: IT OUTSOURCING
A video that will answer some questions about outsourcing to India: www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2047249,00.asp

K
More
17 years 2 months ago #19884 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: IT OUTSOURCING

A video that will answer some questions about outsourcing to India: www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2047249,00.asp

First cracks starting to appear ? Lets only hope.
More
17 years 2 months ago #19919 by Spectre68524
Replied by Spectre68524 on topic Re: IT OUTSOURCING
I don't have a problem with it looking at it from the business and shareholders point of view, because I do own alot of stock...on the other hand I do hate seeing jobs going to other countries...but in the end the Bottom Line will always drive companies to move jobs to the lowest bidder, even if it is on the other side of the world.
SpecK
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds