Skip to main content

Without Cheeting [IGNORE USE OTHER THREAD]

More
17 years 8 months ago #16082 by Smurf
nnbnbOk,

Since there are some programmers in here (not me I'm affraid, did it at Uni and thought it would drive me up the wall doing it day in day out, lol), I thought I would share some code that I picked up at Uni.

Its quite simple, WITHOUT compiling it, can anyone tell me what this C code does ? (Apparently it won a competition some time ago for the most unreadible code, or something like that).

If you do want to compile it (don't post what it does for a week or so incase anyone is mad enough to try and work it out), how does it work (never bothered to try and understand it myself but if anyone else wants to and try to explain it then, go ahead, hehe)

DEFINATELY COMPILES NOW

The code is here www.onlineweblinks.com/upload/enigma.txt

For some reason it will not work if i post the code directly into this thread.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 8 months ago #16083 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic errors
didn't amount to much, came up with 25 errors, and i was using some well known compilers known to man :D

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 8 months ago #16085 by Smurf
I think it was written in c++ not c, if it makes any difference ? I have compiled it, will take a look

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

More
17 years 8 months ago #16086 by Arani
i compiled it as a c++ program, not as C. then i tried again as a c++ file. the number of errors remain the same. not that it means anything. went through the list of errors. ranges from missing statements, incomplete statements, illegal function calls etc etc etc.

More
17 years 8 months ago #16087 by Smurf
Strange as i have definately compiled it when at Uni. I have the exe file here for it. Hmmm, just downloading a compiler now to take a quick look :)

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

More
17 years 8 months ago #16088 by Arani
let me know if it comes out with anything. also let me know of which compiler you used. i used the normal Turbo C compiler, and then the MSDev compilers

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds