Skip to main content

Uploading Files Larger than 5MB, Any Suggestions ??

More
19 years 8 months ago #5140 by Tarun
Firstly i am really sorry if i am at the wrong place because i really do not know which forum to post it on. So, here i am. Forgive me if i a m at the wrong place and please help me out.

I am really confused. I need to upload a file more than 5MB of size. I did try to upload it using free e-mail providers but none of them allow to upload a file more than 5MB size.

I have heard about software which can break up a file into smaller chunks and then remerge them once you download them at your place.

Can anyone if possible provide me some cool link for such softwares.

Regards,

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
19 years 8 months ago #5146 by drizzle
WinRAR should do the trick...
More
19 years 8 months ago #5149 by Chris
Tarun,

The answer you are looking for is called 'The File Splitter' ... its free and does the job without any problems!

The program is able to split file into any size you wish, including FDD's (1.44mb).

www.dekabyte.com/filesplitter/

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 8 months ago #5150 by Jack
You might also try FTP.
If your trying to send yourself or a friend this file and your email will not except it then set up a FTP server on the end the file needs to be. There are a lot of FTP servers available for trial or if your using Linux / 2K / XP there are FTP Servers on them, just set them up.

Good Luck,

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
19 years 8 months ago #5152 by Tarun
Thanks a lot for the response all of u ... i checked out file splitter ... will also try using the FTP server just to get a feel of how to do it :D

But what i eventually did use for this job was ... the GMAIL account. It provides 1GB of storage space and allows u to upload more than 6 MB ... :)

Solved my purpose :)

Thanx

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds