More
20 years 1 month ago #3264 by indebluez
messenger was created by indebluez
check out mess.be
its got everything about msn messenger...n its cooolll:P
More
20 years 1 month ago #3268 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: messenger
Took me a while to figure out that thats a website more details next time inde ! I went looking to download some software called 'mess.be'. :P

I went to the site and looked under their articles section for the messenger packet format and protocol description... alas :( all I got were icon packs. They have a nice little web based utility to check whether someone is online or not, however I got annoyed that its closed source and they prevent you from seeing what the page it loads on is... no way for me to write a little command line app that will just POST the data and give me the results :(

They should also get rid of that javascript that prevents me from middle clicking on links.. I like to open things in new tabs, not have new windows sprouting all over the place. In short they have a lot of content but are very anal about it.. even the msn display pictures say 'You cant put these up on another site'.. I just find the concept of them trying to 'copyright' tiny images of Mr.Bean a little strange thats all.. besides.. you can freely use your firewall.cx avatar hehe.

Anyway.. my search for the MSN protocol has been fruitful..
www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/index.php

I'm going to give the initial logon and authentication sequence a look :)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds