Skip to main content

Genius 3.2.2

More
20 years 4 months ago #1963 by Dudbolt
Genius 3.2.2 was created by Dudbolt
There was a nifty little utility that i saw a couple of years ago called genius.

Had loads of tools, smtp search ping etc etc...anyone seen anything similar? I have an open source copy if anyone would like to d/l it.

Garrett
More
20 years 4 months ago #1964 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Genius 3.2.2
Yes I remember it.. it had a little Albert Einstein icon and sat in the system tray didn't it ? had quite a few nifty little extensions. You have an open source version as in a version for linux or the source of the windows version ? If you're looking for a similar utility, you should really check out GkrellM, read my post called "Desktop Art and a System Monitor" in this forum.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #1965 by Dudbolt
Replied by Dudbolt on topic Re: Genius 3.2.2
I did have a look at that software and d/loaded it. It wouldnt run on my XP machine, i kept getting dll errors
More
20 years 4 months ago #1966 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Genius 3.2.2
Hmm that would have happened because you need to download the GTK+ runtime library.. (I got the error myself initially)

Heres a direct link:
umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gtk-w...ironment-2.2.4.1.exe

also get yourself the GkrellM plugins (very nice ones):
bill.nalens.com/e107_files/downloads/gkr...p-GKrellMPlugins.exe

and we wouldn't want to miss out on the skins collection ;)
www.muhri.net/gkrellm/GKrellM-Skins.tar.gz

Make sure you uninstall GkrellM, then install the GTK runtime environment and then reinstall GkrellM. You can add the plugins and skins whenever you want. They go in this directory :
c:\documents & settings\your username\.gkrellm\themes or \plugins.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #1976 by Dudbolt
Replied by Dudbolt on topic Re: Genius 3.2.2
I have an open source copy of genius if anyone would like to take a look.

The source code is available from sourceforge but thats way too advanced for me!!!!

Db
More
20 years 4 months ago #1990 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Genius 3.2.2
Dudblot,

I remember reading about 'genuis' a long time ago, but never got to use it. I tend to stick with the tools I select for quite a while, or until they won't run on the latest operating system I decide to use :)

We actually have plans on releasing our own Firewall.cx version with the tools people would like to have in a one-in-all network application. If there are any people interested in helping out on the project, we are waiting to hear you :) !!!!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds