Skip to main content

Crazy Browser - One Browser, many windows!

More
19 years 11 months ago #3683 by sahirh
Hmm its been awhile since this topic.. but I must reiterate that I cannot live without firefox (was firebird) anymore. I even carry around a bootable knoppix CD wherever I go just so that I have my choice of browser.

You'll be amazed that anyone still uses IE.. its just proof of the Microsoft monopoly.. that browser has no features at all and is counter intuitive.. get firefox today.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3687 by Chris
I'm actually considering downloading the Knoppix STD version and give it a try as I was reading about it last night and it's got me thinking :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 11 months ago #3690 by sahirh
Nothing like a live Linux CD.. Knoppix STD is really cool cuz you get all your security tools in one place.. for a more 'all round' distro, you should just get the new Knoppix 3.4.. came out about 4 days ago.. featuring a 2.6 series kernel, KDE 3.2.2, OpenOffice 1.1.. and a host of other stuff.. you'll be able to do anything you do in windows from there.

I use Knoppix STD at work.. I've been teaching about trojans and keyloggers, and just about every one of the machines I've been working on has some malware installed on it.. rather than risk someone logging my passwords etc, I just boot of my Knoppix-STD CD, confident that it is a safe environment to work on.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3790 by indebluez
hey sahir...i have downloaded firefox and i was wondering about the folder cache...
i have 2 folders actually...in C:\Documents and Settings\Sarasvathi\Application Data
one is called mozilla and the other is called phoenix...but they are both for firefox right? and i have quite a number of files in
C:\Documents and Settings\Sarasvathi\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles\default\6su7cyw5.slt\Cache
i was jus wonderin...are these temp files...like well it says cache...so i can empty it...or?
help:)
inde
More
19 years 11 months ago #3793 by sahirh
Yes you can empty that folder safely... though it is a much better idea to delete the cache from within firefox. If you need more help on this, let me know and I'll split this post as its a bit off topic

Sahir Hidayatullah.
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3799 by indebluez
yeap help...i dont noe how to clean the cache.....:

inde
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds