Skip to main content

PSEXEC

More
17 years 11 months ago #14879 by Bublitz
PSEXEC was created by Bublitz
I love this software.

www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsExec.html

It allows you run a command prompt on remote machines much like telnet.

You can run bactch files on a list of remote computers. Execute ipconfig from a remote machine. Restart or open apps on remote machines.

I could definintly use this software for good and evil(hehe I love a good pratical Joke).

Oah and BTW 100th Post BABY!

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
17 years 11 months ago #14886 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: PSEXEC
Yes another excellent piece of software from Sysinternals. It's part of the PsTools suite which contains other useful utilities like PsInfo, PsList and PsService.
More
17 years 11 months ago #14895 by Biggystumps
Replied by Biggystumps on topic Re: PSEXEC
this is a great tool. We use it on our networks all the time.

This brings up something i'd like to ask though, does anyone know of a program that will deploy a .exe file over a network?

PSExec works well if you dont have any prompts, however I tried pushing Windows Media player 10 out with PSExec (just as a test) and it did not work.

MCSE - MCSA
2003 certified
More
17 years 11 months ago #14902 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: PSEXEC
Deploy .exe over network? You mean copy the .exe to the local pc or execture the .exe and install it?

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
17 years 10 months ago #14934 by Biggystumps
Replied by Biggystumps on topic Re: PSEXEC
My appologies for not explaining.
I ment executing a .exe file over a network to install on a PC in which the users do not have admin/install rights on thier PC.

MCSE - MCSA
2003 certified
More
17 years 10 months ago #14961 by Bionicthumb
Replied by Bionicthumb on topic Re: PSEXEC

My appologies for not explaining.
I ment executing a .exe file over a network to install on a PC in which the users do not have admin/install rights on thier PC.

+ Share the installation files allowing read access for "Domain Computers".

+ Use the "-s" switch in PSEXEC to force each computer to install the files using the local system account which is a member of the Domain Computers security group.

Additionally, you can specify that the installation take place using an account with domain admin privileges (such as your own) with the "-u" switch.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds