Skip to main content

UDP proxy

More
21 years 1 month ago #65 by Brook
UDP proxy was created by Brook
Hi, guys,
I am about to design a proxy firewall which can support muti-layered protocol. And now I have difficulties in the design of a UDP proxy. I believe some professionals here can help me. Thanks in advanced.

Brook
More
21 years 1 month ago #66 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic UDP proxy
Brook,

What type of information are you exactly after ?

Chris P.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
21 years 1 month ago #67 by Brook
Replied by Brook on topic UDP proxy
Hi, Chris,
In fact, I am after the information that design a stateful UDP- send udp replies to the last host who sent udp packets to the machine you are routing packets from, by recording what udp port they were sent from, and routing replies to that port from that target host back to the original machine. as an extension, try to perform some inteligent routing. But this is only a idea, I hope I can get some help on how to carry it out.
Thanks for your time and attention.
Brook
More
20 years 7 months ago #947 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: UDP proxy
I would recommend you have a look at something called Fast Forward on linux here is the link
open.nit.ca/wiki/?page=FastForward

its a simplified tcp/udp proxy, and since its open source, just grab the code and have a look at how they're implementing it.. it'll give you some ideas. This is a good idea because their proxy is very stable, its even included as a package with some linux distributions. Just peruse the code, it will help.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds