Skip to main content

What Are Your Achievements?

More
19 years 7 months ago #4977 by jhun
i've watch this thread long enough so as not to react to it. FallernZero all the Firewall.CX team are trying to say to you is that you should learn to ask what you wanted to know provided that it'll be in a rightfull manner. For you, maybe, your form of questioning seems right but to those who are reading it is a form of arrogance. Yes you said that you're new to computers and networking, so it is understandable why you are asking since you want to know something right. but everytime someone answers your question you hit them back with some hard criticisms that seemed very offensive and somewhat disrespecful. The people who run this joint are some of the highly respected people in the field of computers and networking. they are the GURUS so to speak IMHO. I respect them and really appreciate them in their field of expertise and i beleive that everyone who is part of the Firewall.CX community would agree to me.

I'm not saying that there is a problem with your questions. The problem lies in the way you react to their answers. Read you post very well. Read and understand how they were seemed very arrogant in a way.

This site is really the best, there is no doubt about it. It is were someone would find a vast treasure of knowledge and advises with regards to computers and networking.

To tell you the truth, it is hard to understand someone who would ask others for answers to their queries and yet shuts them off after giving them.

In this community its not just about learning facts about computers and networking but it is also about respect. This is the very foundation, I believe, that Firewall.CX was build upon.

this are just my thoughts with regards to this thread that went out of commision... :D ...comments or violent reactions :lol: are most welcome..
More
19 years 7 months ago #4995 by sahirh
First and foremost,
The banner on the top of the page says something -- 'The Site For Networking Professionals', the last time I checked.

Attitude is great, I love attitude, and more so when someone behaves beligerent about it. However we play nice in the forums. You may enjoy prancing around as Mr. Dark and Dangerous, hey, whatever floats your boat mate... I just wanted to put it to you this way, you're making a moron of yourself on the boards.

*puts on wise guru hat*
I have a tad of experience when it comes to technology communities... at least from the social side of things. I've lived through the BBS's, ran my own for 2 years as well. One simple truth rings through... people here judge you by what you say -- by the intellect that you are capable of projecting through what you post, and by your attitude towards everyone else.

*puts evil moderator hat on top of wise guru hat*
Unfortunately, you fail.... miserably ! Since I know nothing about you, I'll tell you who I think sits on the other side of the keyboard.
Someone adolescent, believes he is terribly cool because he is anti-establishment, thrives on a sense of pseudo-anarchism, and blusters about how wonderfully mysterious he is (cross the road when you see him coming everyone, and live in fear !).

I find it annoying that you troll members like nske and Jhun, who I respect because they contribute their knowledge rather than make morons of themselves everytime they post. I have killed your post to the shoutbox (benefits of the job) as it was 'taking up hdd space'. Worse still, you even managed to annoy Chris! The chap never gets into these arguments and unlike me somehow manages to avoid flame wars!! Thats an achievement that you've racked up!

You also managed to demolish your own principles here:
www.firewall.cx/modules.php?name=Forums&...viewtopic&t=1046
I recall someone 'dark and dangerous' saying something like

Did I Google it? No. Could I Have? Yes.

But Wisdom is to learn from other peoples experiences and
not re-invent the wheel.

Refer: www.firewall.cx/modules.php?name=Forums&...=1040&highlight=

If you don't bother googling things yourself, don't tell others to.

Let me explain this:
Your current contribution to this forum represents exactly
0.49% of the total posts here. In contrast, mine stands at a nice shiny 22.72%. If I ran around telling people to google things everytime they asked 'What is a subnet mask', or lets say, 'How do I make a PC invisible on the LAN', there would be very little point in having a forum -- you agree ?

Anyway, I sincerely hope that you won't reply with something about how dark your 'powers' are, because it means very little to anyone here. If you need a place to flaunt your 'attitude', IRC will serve you well. Perhaps Chris will write up a little tutorial on how to connect using mIRC and join a channel.

If however you take the red pill and choose to learn something, especially with regard to networking and security, we'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. (forgive the obligatory matrix quote).

The f.cx team decided that theres no point locking or deleting topics, so we'll let this run its course and hope you see the light.
On that note, lets put this stuff behind us.
Welcome to firewall.cx.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds