Skip to main content

SMS Technology

More
11 years 8 months ago #38056 by grace
SMS Technology was created by grace
Hi! I am currently an IT student and developing a thesis project for my degree. I just want to ask your knowledge about SMS Technology? how it works? Because my group are developing an Online Reservation with SMS Confirmation, and we have hard time in seeking for gateway?? Where can we acquire a free of this?? Im looking forward for your replies..Thanks a lot and please regards.
More
11 years 8 months ago #38057 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: SMS Technology
Grace,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Firewall.cx. While I haven't personally worked with SMS gateways, I've got a resource which can help you determine which SMS gateway provider best suites your needs.

Use the following URL to read up on a comparison between quite a few SMS Gateway providers.

www.slideshare.net/peaceportal/compariso...esellers-sms-brokers

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
11 years 8 months ago #38060 by grace
Replied by grace on topic Re: SMS Technology
Thanks admin for the reply, I appreciate it so much but I can't afford it.. :laugh: we are looking for free(but I think it haven't any..) Can you give me other solutions if we were not using gateways, what else can we do? We still stand firm with our proposal on Online Reservation with SMS confirmation..please :(
More
11 years 8 months ago #38062 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Re: SMS Technology
Hi Grace,

What exactly is your project? I understand it is in the lines of reservation of some form of service or object, where you will be sending an SMS confirmation to the user who has booked/reserved that service/object.

Please clarify a bit more in details, and it would help all of us to assist you.

However do bear in mind, this is your project thesis. You will be putting in the hard work, and reap the benefits, including the respect from your peers when you graduate. We are here to advice you and will do that eagerly.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
The following user(s) said Thank You: grace
More
11 years 8 months ago #38063 by grace
Replied by grace on topic Re: SMS Technology
Our system is Computerized Queuing and Ticketing System w/ Barcode Tech. and Online Van Reservation with SMS Confirmation..We are having two features the so called back-end and front end.. We have done with our back-end which is the Computerized one, this seems to be the foundation of the system and what we are developing now is our front-end, the user interface or the Online Van reservation where you have stated in your reply of what this all about..And we are planning and decided to make it Real Time. Did you familiar w/ the current Deposit Cash in BPI? They making it Real Time processing. Can you figure out the logic? I have a hard time on how to explain it for you to easily understood.. :lol: I'll make a draft 1st on it then I will sahre it to you.. :laugh: My mind is not in the condition by this time.. :)
More
11 years 8 months ago #38064 by chrnxR
Replied by chrnxR on topic Re: SMS Technology
hey grace,

some time ago i was working on a similar project. The tool i used back then was called "MWconn"... it allows u to automatically send sms.

www.mwconn.net/

All u need is a GSM Modem (and SIM card ofc).
When i used it i tried different old Handy models but most of them either had no GSM Modem, or had compatibillity problems. But in the end it worked perfectly with just using an UMTS stick.

to send SMS with the tool u just need a batchscript to generate a .txt file and move it to some MWconn directory. And all the files in the specific directory will be send automatically.

Hope this is what u were looking for.

the dreams of yesterday are the hopes of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert H. Goddard
The following user(s) said Thank You: next_virus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds