Skip to main content

Access a office network securely.

More
12 years 9 months ago #37138 by k3nny
What is the best way to access files on a office network remotely and securely?
More
12 years 9 months ago #37145 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Would recommend VPN for a secure way of connecting to your office network.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 9 months ago #37146 by rizin
Hi,

Would you mind let us know what is your current infrastructure network devices so that we can give right solution to you, whether you can use VPN or using RDP Windows remote desktop or any other in you existing network.

Do not undermine the Windows Remote Desktop, if it is correctly configured, you can access files securely from remote network.

However it has to go step by step to give the perfect solution in your case, once you let us know your existing network devices.

Regards,

Rizin

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
12 years 9 months ago #37147 by k3nny
Hello!
The office has 64 computers is served by a Novell Netware 6 server infrastructure. What is the future support for Novell Netware like? Is there a better solution?

The computers are:
Windows 2000 professional workstations,
Windows XP Professional Workstations
and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Workstations.

Laptops which run Windows XP professional need to access files on the office network remotely. This access needs to be secure. Would the office need static IP addressing for this to work? Is there a better system than static IP addressing?
More
12 years 9 months ago #37158 by rizin
Hi,

I have never worked in Novell Netware, so i cannot comment on connecting workstations to Server. However if the Server is Windows, then surely you have span of remote security features.

Well, let me know your network devices, Do you have Any ADSL Router or Cisco Router on the threshold of Internet.

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
12 years 9 months ago #37162 by k3nny

Hi,

I have never worked in Novell Netware, so i cannot comment on connecting workstations to Server. However if the Server is Windows, then surely you have span of remote security features.

Well, let me know your network devices, Do you have Any ADSL Router or Cisco Router on the threshold of Internet.

It says nothing about network devices on the coursework. It just says a broadband router.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds