Skip to main content

A mains power socket with network access

More
12 years 9 months ago #37089 by Arani
Hi all

I am looking for a mains multiple socket which can be access via a network, so that if I want I can send a command to reset the power supply. What i intend to accomplish is there will be devices connected to this mains socket, and I want to have the functionality to be able to reset this mains socket, in turn power resetting all the devices connected to it.

Looking for some suggestions guys.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 9 months ago #37094 by Rockape
Have you thought about Wakeup on Lan functionality (I assume you're talking about computer kit)? Have a look on the internet and see if that's what you're after.
More
12 years 9 months ago #37096 by TheBishop
A Google search for 'network controlled power strip' will bring up a number of vendors that offer the sort of device I think you're looking for
More
12 years 8 months ago #37181 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Found quite a few option. Thanks bishop. This will help in my proposal for some of my customers. I need to put a few devices on these network enabled power switches.
Thanks for the guidance Bishop.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 8 months ago #37184 by TheBishop
No problem.
It amazes me these things aren't much more ubiqutous; I've proposed them several times but they usually get knocked back by the bean-counters as 'frills'. However when you're in the middle of a major incident which you could resolve simply by remotely power-cycling the box then they're worth their weight in gold
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds