Skip to main content

How to make multiple copies of tape backup?

More
13 years 11 months ago #34387 by jester
we use to take backup in LTO4,LTO1 and DDS3 24 GB DAT tape of various servers runing in different OS,now i need to make another copy of each tape backup to store in another location. How can i make copies of tape's, Is their any special software available for it.
please help me !!!!
More
13 years 11 months ago #34390 by S0lo
I don't know of a direct way to do this. Why not backup the servers again on the other tapes, and label those tapes by the date you did the backup. This way you even have a more recent state of the system backup up.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 11 months ago #34392 by jester
Thats not possible since most of the backup are offline DB backup for SAP server running in IBM AIX,it's taken after the shutdown of SAP with in a limited time span (informed Down time).
IS their any other way
More
13 years 11 months ago #34393 by TheBishop
I suppose you could find a system with a tape drive and plenty of disk, dump the contents off then record them again. Or alternatively for the future you could devise something with twin tape drives to write two copies at the same time. However for now I don't think there's any other way than doing two backups, one after the other as S0lo suggests
More
13 years 11 months ago #34399 by jester
is their a way to copy the content of the tape to a folder ,drive or any destination instead of restoring the content of the tape !!!!!! :roll:
More
13 years 11 months ago #34401 by TheBishop
Aren't the two basically the same thing?
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds