Skip to main content

Parental control software

More
16 years 4 months ago #24502 by GTM
Hi Guy's,

Im currently looking out for a parental control software to install on the kids pc it's their first pc so i've little knowledge of these products. I've installed a smoothwall which will monitor instant messanger chats and so on. However it does not block potentially inappropriate sites i would need to catch the site in the firewall log and block the IP from there so im looking for something that will block it automatically. If possible a free product would be preferable as the smoothwall is taking care of the rest. I have checked the web and got some ideas but i'd rather check with you guy's first of all before i install anything i've little knowledge of. At the minute i've VNC installed and am spot checking what he's up to not the best security measure i must admit :) so a fast reply here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24629 by GTM
Replied by GTM on topic Re: Parental control software
Anyone any suggestions here?

Thanks.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24632 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Parental control software
Cyberpatrol springs to mind but i have never used this type of software tbh. I beleive my boss (old boss) used netnanny or something like that.

Cheers

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24633 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Parental control software
have you tried Naomi www.radiance.m6.net/ ?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 3 months ago #24635 by DaLight
CyberSitter is a pretty good piece of software which I've used in the past, but the previous recommendation (Naomi) seems interesting especially as it's free. You could also try K9 which is also free.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24650 by GTM
Replied by GTM on topic Re: Parental control software
Cheers I've installed K9 haven't had to much time to really mess around with it but did some basic tests and it seems to do the trick.

Thanks again.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds