Skip to main content

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I can score Free......

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #20750 by durk21
Anyone know where I can score free Rotuers and Switches. I don't really care about the condition, I'm looking to study for my cert exam and need gear but can't afford it.

So if anyone knows anyone whose ditching routers and/or switches or any good websites with cheap or FREE routers and switches. LET me know.
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #20752 by Smurf
You can use the FREE cisco lab on this website, or check eBay for some second hand equipement

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20796 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic im looiking
I'm looking for more "real" equipment as in a psychical router I can touch and program.

I have the Sybex sim and Sem Sim Simulators.

Now I'm looking for some equipment that doesn't cost 200 to 15,000 dollars like with whats on eBay.

Plus eBay doesn't typically sell power cables with the routers and thats bullshit. I looked up the price of power cables for the routers and they wants $150.00 and up for them from Cisco and other retail shops online including eBay.

FRIGGING EBAY :twisted: :roll:
More
15 years 11 months ago #26068 by NeoTech
i picked up an old 1600 series router and a 1900 series switch for £35 on ebay so im sure if you look you'll find a decent deal. If you're studying Sem 1 and 2 of CCNA, 1600s should be ok for most stuff.

:wink:

Neo
Tech
More
15 years 11 months ago #26100 by darviria
Replied by darviria on topic Re: im looiking

I looked up the price of power cables for the routers and they wants $150.00 and up for them from Cisco and other retail shops online including eBay.

Just use standard power cables like the one which powers your PC, in the UK I can get them for about £3 at the most, stop looking for "Cisco power cables" and look for standard 3 pin ones. I don't know how Cisco justify selling them for so much, they're the same as far as I'm aware. That is unless it's something like the 1700 series, those cables and power supplies are usually on ebay quite cheap but any standard rack mount kit seems to usually be the 3 pin ones.

All of my Cisco stuff which didn't come with power cables (which is most of it) uses standard power cables that I bought from other places, never had problems.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds