Skip to main content

Network Admin I interview

More
17 years 6 months ago #17627 by Hero
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and enjoy it very much. A lot of knowledge here...it's almost making me look like I know what I'm talking about. =)
If I may ask a favor: I need some of u to think back on ur first Network Interview. What type of questions were asked and how did u prepare for it? It's kind of a general question but if anyone can help that'll be great.

Thanks
More
17 years 6 months ago #17628 by Starfire
I had one guy ask me the difference between tcp and ip. That wasn't a proper networking admin job though.

I had another that left me dumbfounded when he asked me "So.. you know tcp/ip and stuff right ?"

If you know your stuff, you'll be fine. Relax. They just want to know what sort of person you are to see if you will fit in with their current workforce and if you can do the job you are applying for.

Worrying too much about it now won't help you at your interview. You will just get more and more nervous and eventually you will be a wreck when it comes to your interview and not show your true self. Just relax and tell the truth.

Good Luck
More
17 years 6 months ago #17630 by TheBishop
Sometimes they separate the interview itself from any technical assessment. I've seen this several times; you go for the interview which is all the general stuff to find out what sort of person you are, and then after that they plonk you at a desk with a short question paper they've knocked up in-house. That's much easier to deal with as you can do the interview without worrying about it and if you blow the technical paper you can creep out quietly!
More
17 years 6 months ago #17687 by Hero
Replied by Hero on topic Re: Network Admin I interview
Thanks for the responses!!!! I will definitely try to come in to the interview with a clear head! Brush up on a few things from the site and come prepared.

Thanks again.
More
17 years 6 months ago #17734 by TheBishop
Good luck!
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds