Skip to main content

Residential NAT

More
17 years 5 months ago #17589 by wannafly172
Residential NAT was created by wannafly172
I was wondering, I have a Linksys wireless G and i was wanting to know if there was a way to set up a NAT on these smaller routers.... more for a personal server type of deal.

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
17 years 5 months ago #17590 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Residential NAT
Welcome to firewall.cx, wannafly172.
The Linksys wireless G will certainly do what you want.

1. Logon to the Web Administration Interface
2. Go to the "Applications and Gaming" Tab and select the "Port Range Forward" option.
3. Enter in the IP, port, etc. details as required for your personal server.
More
17 years 5 months ago #17592 by wannafly172
Replied by wannafly172 on topic Re: Residential NAT
Ok. My question is. With forwarding the ports..... I need to assign the hosting Ip to it because its currently recieving a private sector ip

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
17 years 5 months ago #17593 by wannafly172
Replied by wannafly172 on topic Re: Residential NAT
Im not talking about a "in network" server. I need to know how to configure the router to allow me to assign a hosting ip so i can access my server from the WAN enviroment.

More
17 years 1 month ago #20249 by vicky123
Replied by vicky123 on topic Re: Residential NAT
I would appreciate if any one can explain me the purpose of NAT and its features over a network. A clear explanation with example will be greatly appreciated. Whether NAT can be done in any type of networks.
More
17 years 1 month ago #20254 by ashok_nitc
Replied by ashok_nitc on topic Re: Residential NAT
hey its explained very clearly in this site itself... i hope u will not have any doubt after reading that...
www.firewall.cx/nat-intro.php
read from the link given...

I would appreciate if any one can explain me the purpose of NAT and its features over a network. A clear explanation with example will be greatly appreciated. Whether NAT can be done in any type of networks.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds