Skip to main content

Good advice needed Please - Cisco Wireless Router

More
18 years 3 months ago #12739 by Howard
Hi

I have a home office and currently use Netgear wireless routers.

I have Bulldog 8mb Internet via my telephone line and NTL 3mb via my Set top box but this is being changed this weekend to NTL 10mb via a direct cable and modem. I use windows XP Pro on a high spec machine. I am not a techie and my knowledge is self taught over many years so please keep it reasonable simple if you can :)

Question:

I want to move up a gear and go CISCO as my intenet use on both systems it 24/7 and reliability with netgear is not as good as I am lead to believe I can get from CISCO products.

Apparently there is a CISCO router unit which I can use to plug in both connections at the same time.

It is not a load balancer but just capable of handling both independant services via one unit. I presume it is capable of storing the two setup details (password and account details)

Is there anyone who has knowledge of this as before I get a CISCO salesman involved and take up his/her time, I would like to know that what I think I can do is what the uint will do and which one it is.

If you are going to point me at a products page then please be aware I went there but found it a bit overwhelming.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.

Howard
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds