Skip to main content

IP MAPPING

More
18 years 5 months ago #11708 by westwindshelley
IP MAPPING was created by westwindshelley
What is the concept behind IP mapping
how can we map WAN side public ip's to private ip's (NAT enabled) in a linksys router which is connected to a dsl modem say speadstream modem

In God we trust but for everything else we need data
More
18 years 5 months ago #11713 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: IP MAPPING
Regarding the concept, check "Networking > Network Address Translation - NAT > Static Nat" at the menu bar above.
Regarding how you can do this in linksys, I can't tell you exactly since I'm not familiar with Linksys interface. It might have many names, like "one-to-one mapping", "IP address mapping", "Static NAT", however it should be pretty straight forward to find and configure -the manual should be of help.
Dsl modem is not a concern, as long as the public IP address is asigned to a router's interface the only concern is router's configuration.
More
18 years 5 months ago #11732 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: IP MAPPING
Check under Applications & Gaming/Port Range Forwarding.
More
18 years 5 months ago #11736 by The_Geek
Replied by The_Geek on topic Re: IP MAPPING
Under "setup-advanced routing" I believe:

1. To set up a static route between the Router and another network, select a number from the Static Routing drop-down list. (A static route is a pre-determined pathway that network information must travel to reach a specific host or network.)

2. Enter the following data:

· Destination IP Address - The Destination IP Address is the address of the network or host to which you want to assign a static route.

· Subnet Mask - The Subnet Mask determines which portion of an IP address is the network portion, and which portion is the host portion.

· Gateway - This is the IP address of the gateway device that allows for contact between the Router and the network or host.

3. Depending on where the Destination IP Address is located, select LAN & Wireless or WAN from the Interface drop-down menu.

4. To save your changes, click the Apply button. To cancel your unsaved changes, click the Cancel button.

For additional static routes, repeat steps 1-4.