Skip to main content

Does IIS or apache work with PAT

More
18 years 5 months ago #11177 by Bublitz
I can easily acces my web site Internally by typing the internal ip. So ive done this on a PIX and Sonicwall. I only have 1 IP form ISP that same ip I usenat/pat.

ON sonicwall
Ive got port 80 forwarded to my web server.

ON the pix ive tried the same.

When I type http://(outside IP) my web site doesn't come up!

Its driving me Insane.

Is another Static IP required so im not using PAT?

OUTSIDE IP
> INSIDE IP

I cant see why it will work internally not externally, when I have port 80 forwarded to the local ip of the web server!!!! :P

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
18 years 5 months ago #11324 by jhun
hi bublitz,

yes both IIS and Apache work under NAT and PAT implementations.
just a question...did you try accessing your web site using the external ip address thru a computer connected in your network or thru an outside one? if it is within your network and you typed http://outside_ip then your network might get confused since you have your PAT/NAT setup but if you try and access it using a computer outside of your network you might get a response from it. :)
More
18 years 5 months ago #11327 by Bublitz
Na I used Terminal Server server to get into another PC not on LAN. ALso had my friends try. I think my ISP is blocking it. I have home internet not business. I think they got filters that know if your trying to host a web site. Anyone hear of this before?

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
18 years 5 months ago #11330 by jhun
hmmm..that's weird...unless you have another firewall installed in your network or a software base firewall in your OS that is blocking request coming into it especially port 80 then i don't see any reason why it should not work.

also, it is really odd if your ISP is blocking it since you've paid for that IP to be exclusively yours...
More
18 years 5 months ago #11336 by DaLight
It's quite common for some ISPs especially in the consumer sector to block certain server related ports like 80, 25 to prevent the hosting of such services. Have you looked in your firewall logs to see if anything is has actually made it in on port 80. That should help rule the ISP theory in or out.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds