Skip to main content

setup a server with wireless network

More
19 years 8 months ago #5031 by jhun
if you're using windows 2000 server as your primary means of providing access control over the internet usage on your network, you might as well use the ISA Server 2000 as it works pretty well as both a proxy server and as a firewall.

for some tutorials on how to set up ISA Server you could try this link: www.isaserver.org

the interface is really nice and you could add some control over usage of the internet just by defining some rules and access.
More
19 years 7 months ago #5522 by Nur_AnGel
hello guys...

sorry it took me a while to answer the msg.....i am back with the project, can any of u help me how can i provide with the access control...?
More
19 years 6 months ago #5681 by jhun
hi

if you are to install a box with win2k server with two NICs then ISA is definitely for you. set it up as both firewall and proxy so that all connections are directed to your server. from there you could setup rules and policies to control and manage your internet activity both on wired and wireless connections. also, try to focus more on the wireless network since this would be the hole in your network as this is more unsecure as sahirh pointed out.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds