Skip to main content

wireless hotspots

More
17 years 7 months ago #17550 by sose
wireless hotspots was created by sose
I reside in a university town where the university authority broadcast wireless internet service through hotspots indifferent locations. The hotspot technology is failing frequently because of unmatching frequencies of the hotspots .

Please, cant anyone give me a link where I can access literatures on wireless hotspots

sose
B.Sc Economics, CCNA
More
17 years 7 months ago #17551 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic SOSE......
hey sose i think a little going google will do u know..... there u might find some kool resources for use....

but i keep checking i will get back 2 u....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 7 months ago #17563 by Dove
Replied by Dove on topic Re: wireless hotspots
nnbnbI am new to this topic, while googled I found this. Hope it will give some idea to you..

www.wirelesshotspot.com

Dove
More
17 years 6 months ago #17685 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic sose's point is....
dove i think sose's point is that he wants to get literatures and possibly articles on how to solve hotspots issues.

i think he needs wat i will call tutorials so lets keep googling it about.... i guess we will get some stuffs.

but people should contribute well to this topic cos at the end i see it educating others...

cheers

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 6 months ago #17695 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic hotspots
hi there
i didn't understand the "unmatched frequency" part of your problem.
wireless access points normally broadcast through 11 standard frequencies. on a ideal day, it will be using the default of channel 7 (and the associated frequency). now if a wireless device assigned a particular IP address is near a particular hotspot, it will be using that channel. and when it moves, it will still maintain the same IP, but use a different hotspot this time, which it finds nearest to it. but if you go far away from any access point, after a certain amount of time, the IP address will be dropped, and the wireless nic will be broadcasting ARP requests for another IP address.
make sure all the access points are powered properly, and all routers or DHCP enabled devices are working properly.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds