Skip to main content

Wireless Grief

More
18 years 4 months ago #12240 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic arrangements
so what i have done is, keep the adsl speedtouch router, hook up a RJ45 cable from it to the back of my desktop to utilize the lan connection, and use my laptop for the wireless option. either way my laptop always connected to the router didn't it? :D
so that's sorted!!!
and about why it did not see any usb dongle, i will leave it for R&D for the future

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 4 months ago #12257 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Wireless
I hate problems you end up living with because they defy all attempts to fix them. If you get to the bottom of it please let us know!
More
18 years 4 months ago #12275 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic never say die
precisely, that is why i have left it for R&D for the future, which should technically be right after christmas. as of now, i just want to enjoy a few days free of tension regarding why something is not working inspite of my sincerest attempts of trying to rectify it.

More
18 years 4 months ago #12361 by Arani
it works....i brought it all up, at my uncle's place, and all the netgear devices work. we are all dressed up and ready to go, and guess what...we have an entire planet to roam about!!!

More
18 years 4 months ago #12363 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Wireless Grief
Very puzzling indeed!
More
18 years 4 months ago #12402 by naughtypaul
Replied by naughtypaul on topic Re: Wireless Grief
Hi Arani

Let me confirm few things again....

1. With the SpeedStream Router only the 120G and the built-in broadcom card works

2. The two 121G you have don't even connect in Ad Hoc Mode

3. With the NetGear, your 120G, 121G and the Built-in card works..

Now based on the model numbers I learnt the following from the internet

1. Your Spped Stream is a 802.11b Based Wireless router
2. Your Netgear is 802.11b and 802.11g based wireless router.
3. The 120G and 121G are 802.11g based products but are also backward compatible.

::::::::::::::::: My Doubt ::::::::::::::

I doubt that the Speed Touch 121G adapter is not negotiation properly on the Transmission speed

:::::::::::::::::Solution ::::::::::::::

1. I don't know whether you have tried all these or not... Let me sum them up and wait for your reply

>>> Please set the Transmission Rate on your SppedTouch 121g to a lower rate (Say 8 Mbps) ..

>>> Confirm that there is no MAC address blocking enabled in your Speed Stream

>>> Confirm that there is no form of encryption enabled in the Router.

2. Also looking at the router's manual I could see a setting named "Access Control" with the Ma Address of the Wireless Card set to enable or disable. Kindly look at that tooo...

well that's it for now.... Hope to get a good news soon from you.

Thanks
Paul 8)

Thanks
NaughtyPaul
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds