Skip to main content

Gateway not reachable

More
18 years 10 months ago #9124 by roticv
Replied by roticv on topic Re: Gateway not reachable
It seems that my router needs time to warm up :wink: When I do not switch off my router, it works fine...

My router would fix the problem by itself most of the time. Sometimes when it is unable to do so, I would have to reboot it several times before it would cooperate.

I don't really have the money to afford a better router, so I guess I would just make do with my current one.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9460 by Ballisaini
Hey dude,
I think the problem cud be with ur router or ur dsl line;In order to check reason for intermittent connection i wud suggest u to check ur DsL filters and u shud be careful with ur router not to place it near Electromagnetic interference devices like your computer monitor,lamps,speakers.As u are getting "Gateway unreachable";I wud suggest u to check whether u are able to ping all other computer on ur network so as to ensure your physical connectivity with router(NIC's),If everything is set then run "tracert" in order to find where u r loosing packets and before replacing router plz contact your ISP so that they cross checkby running ICMP tools if thats not the problem with there line.

Your Buddy,
Balli :wink:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds