Skip to main content

So basic, it hurts to ask......

More
18 years 11 months ago #8887 by gatorengineer
Well I gave up because I think it was a software/hardware conflict. I installed Mandrive 10.1 and going to try to use it as my firewall. So far it detects the cards better than Smoothwall and is not having issue with the green side, now I have to work on the Red side. We will see how this goes.
More
18 years 11 months ago #8889 by DaLight
Hope it works out OK.
More
18 years 10 months ago #8903 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Meaning of CrossOver
hi
I m a student and studying networking and after reding this whole message i have one doubt.
If any one could please tell me meaning of crossover.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 10 months ago #8904 by kill
With a crossover cable the wires litterally cross over one another. Here is a simple diagram.
[code:1]
Send Receive
\ /
/ \
Send Recieve
[/code:1]
With like devices the send and recieve ports are on the same part of the interface. Thus a crossover cable is used to cross the wire over to the recieve side.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9463 by Ballisaini
Hello Ping,
Crossover cable is generally used for connecting router&router,switch&hub,switch&switch,switch& Bridge.Cross over is a cable;taking example of RJ 45 with 8 pin interface it has 8 cables.numbered from 1 to 8;the input of cable 1 goes to the output numbered 3 on the other interface of other device nad the input of cable number 2 goes to the output numberes 6 of the other interface of the cable connecting the other device; viceversa.

Input 1
output 3
Input 2
output 6
Input 3
output 1
Input 4
output 4
Input 5
output 5
Input 6
output 2
Input 7
Output 7
Input 8
output 8
I tried my level best to explain;lets hope it will work dude.
:wink:
More
18 years 9 months ago #9504 by Chris
Ping,

You'll be pleased to know we have the topic covered extensively, just following this link :

www.firewall.cx/cabling_xover.php

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds