Skip to main content

ccna questions (FinaL)

More
18 years 11 months ago #8571 by espartakus
hi,

Which of the following networking devices divide a network into separate collision domains? (Choose two.)

repeater
bridge
switch
AUI
hub

please help..
More
18 years 11 months ago #8572 by espartakus
Replied by espartakus on topic 12
12 Which of the following increases the potential for a collision to occur?

the use of an active hub instead of an intelligent hub
the use of an intelligent hub instead of an active hub
a reduction in the number of devices attached to the hub
an increase in the number of devices attached to the hub
More
18 years 11 months ago #8576 by MezzUp
Replied by MezzUp on topic Re: ccna questions (FinaL)
My guess to the first question would be "bridge & switch".

And although I don't know the difference between an active hub and an intelligent hub I'm pretty sure "an increase in the number of devices attached to the hub" inceases the potential for a collision to occcur.
More
18 years 11 months ago #8580 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: ccna questions (FinaL)
i agree with mezzup...both the switch and bridge divide a network into separate collision domains and having these devices considered into a network design is best rather than using a hub.
More
18 years 11 months ago #8618 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Questions
Yep, agree on the switch and bridge answers.
As to the second question, I'n not sure what they mean by an 'intelligent hub' and an 'active hub'. A hub is a hub to me - someone enlighten me please!
So discounting those two options (because I don't know what they mean) the thing that increases the likelihood of collisions is putting more devices onto the hub
More
18 years 11 months ago #8626 by MezzUp
Replied by MezzUp on topic Re: ccna questions (FinaL)
I know that an active hub includes a signal regenerator, and I found this on Webopedia:
"A passive hub serves simply as a conduit for the data, enabling it to go from one device (or segment) to another. So-called intelligent hubs include additional features that enables an administrator to monitor the traffic passing through the hub and to configure each port in the hub. Intelligent hubs are also called manageable hubs."

Kowning that I still stand by my first answear: "An increase in the number of devices attached to the hub increases the potential for a collision to occur"
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds