Skip to main content

routers

More
19 years 2 months ago #7346 by ReX
Replied by ReX on topic Re: routers
If you are interested in setting up your own router take a look at soekris. They are a little more expensive then you are looking for but you will have full control over the router. They can run BSD or Linux from a flash drive and have some PCI slots for some expansion capabilities. I haven't bought one yet but they look nice and I have heard good thing about them.

www.soekris.com/how_to_buy.htm
More
19 years 2 months ago #7363 by Codyjr86
Replied by Codyjr86 on topic Re: routers
Hey ReX

those routers are sweet, and have inspired me to download freeBSD. They really look quality but at this point it dont think i would be able to configure one. Thanks for the link man.
More
19 years 2 months ago #7393 by ReX
Replied by ReX on topic Re: routers
I really want one too! I think BSD has been kinda overlooked here so post some questions =). Not that BSD is that different from Linux but the differences there are are enough. Let us know what you come up with and enjoy FreeBSD.
More
19 years 2 months ago #7395 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Draytek
I haven't played with the reouter you mention but I've used their 2900 quite intensively and I also know of other people that have used them. Their pre-sales support is quite good and they will give you advice, so you might want to try running your proposed application by them and see what they say. Contact your local vendor and they will make contact for you
More
19 years 2 months ago #7459 by elp
Replied by elp on topic Re: routers
hello,, i'm new on this and i wanna learn,, is there any router emulator or soomething good to start???

thx.
More
19 years 2 months ago #7463 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: routers
Hey, you can try the Boson Netsim ( www.boson.com ) which offers network simulation (including switches and routers) for cisco products. I haven't heard for any other good simulators but you can always google for it.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds