Skip to main content

CCNA1: pleasseee help me on these questions anyyone

More
19 years 3 months ago #6834 by tdoggrme
1) Two peer hosts are running applications that exchange data using UDP. During the current session, a datagram fails to arrive at the destination. What is true?

concerning the retransmission of the datagram?

Datagram retransmission occurs when the retransmission timer expires in the source host.

Datagram retransmission occurs when the retransmission timer expires in the destination host.

Datagram retransmission is controlled by the application layer protocol.

Datagram retransmission involves only the data with sequence numbers equal to or higher than the sequence number of the current datagram.

2)A network administrator is placing an older router back in to service. The administrator discovered that the IOS and configuration files need to be updated

to meet the LAN specifications. Which application layer protocol is used to transfer the new configuration files into the router memory?

SNMP

SMTP

HTTP

TFTP

3)Which of the following subnet masks could be used when subnetting a Class B IP address? (Choose two.)

4)Which of the following describe the token-passing logical topology? (Choose two.)

FDDI is an example of a token-passing network.

Token-passing logical topologies must also be physical ring topologies.

One of the disadvantages of the token-passing logical topology is the high collision rate.

Computers transmit data after "listening" to the wire to detect other traffic.

Computers are allowed to transmit data only when they possess a token.

5)How will the MAIN router dynamically learn a route to the 10.16.10.48/28 subnetwork in the diagram?

with a routed protocol

with a routing protocol

with a static route

with a directly connected route

PPLLLEEASSEEE HELP ME ANSWER THESE OF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER. Thank you
More
19 years 3 months ago #6836 by KiLLaBeE
I haven't studied any cisco material in a while, but I'm sure the answers are:

2. TFTP
3. 255.255.0.0, 255.255.252.0
4. FDDI is an example of a token-passing network, Computers are allowed to transmit data only when they possess a token.
More
19 years 3 months ago #6839 by nske
1) I would pick "Datagram retransmission is controlled by the application layer protocol."

5) It should be "routing protocol" (what diagram?)

PS. tdoggrme, I hope you will do some research to see why each answer is correct (besides.. we could be wrong ;))
More
19 years 3 months ago #7217 by mew
KiLLaBeE gave you the correct answers for 2 and 4. nske gave you the correct answers for 1 and 5.

However, 255.255.0.0 is the standard class B subnet mask before subnetting. Both 255.255.252.0 and 255.255.255.128 are valid subnet masks for Class B.

In the first one you have borrowed 6 out of 16 bits and in the second you have borrowed 9 out of 16 bits.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9526 by Ballisaini
Hello tdoggrme,
I will give answer for all questions .
1.Two peer hosts are running applications that exchange data using UDP. During the current session, a datagram fails to arrive at the destination. What is true?

concerning the retransmission of the datagram.
Answer1.Datagram retransmission occurs when the retransmission timer expires in the destination host.

2.network administrator is placing an older router back in to service. The administrator discovered that the IOS and configuration files need to be updated

to meet the LAN specifications. Which application layer protocol is used to transfer the new configuration files into the router memory?

Answer2.TFTP=Trivial-File Transfer-Protocol.

3.Which of the following subnet masks could be used when subnetting a Class B IP address? (Choose two.)
Answer3.255.255.252.0 ,255.255.255.128 (Its talking about Subnetting with Class B)

4.Which of the following describe the token-passing logical topology? (Choose two.)

Answer4.Token-passing logical topologies must also be physical ring topologies.
Computers are allowed to transmit data only when they possess a token.

5.How will the MAIN router dynamically learn a route to the 10.16.10.48/28 subnetwork in the diagram
Answer5.with a routing protocol (like RIP,IGRP,OSPF,EIGRP)
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds