Skip to main content

UpgrAding New IOS image

More
19 years 8 months ago #4605 by huliyar
Hi,

I have a Cisco2611 with an old 12.0 IOS image. It has got 32 MB RAM but only 8MB FLASH.

I have got a new c2600 12.3 image which I want to load but is 15MB size. So I tried tftpdnld -r ROM monitor command. I was able to successfully load the image and when about to execute I get the follwoing error.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

File reception completed.
program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xe994e4

Error : memory requirements exceed available memory
Memory required : 0x02691B7C

*** System received a Software forced crash ***
signal= 0x17, code= 0x4, context= 0x8000c064
PC = 0x0, Vector = 0x0, SP = 0x0
rommon 10 >

My RAM capacity is 32MB. With tftpdnld -r , I will be loading the image into RAM and executing it from there, then why the error. Also I want to know how to overcome this.

Ramesh
More
19 years 8 months ago #4610 by MaXiMuS
Replied by MaXiMuS on topic Re: UpgrAding New IOS image
hi,
go to cisco.com and check out the RAM and FLASH requirements of the file which u have downloaded. In all probabilities you are falling short in the flash requirements , therefore the error.
More
19 years 8 months ago #4611 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: UpgrAding New IOS image
Time to upgrade that Flash :)

Also, the 16mb file will surely require more memory when decompressed in RAM, so you might even require upgrading that!

If you are able, upgrade your ram first and then see how you go. I'd say you need at least another 16mb, making it a total of 48mb and you should be okay.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds