Skip to main content

how to know geographic location of a web server ?

More
14 years 9 months ago #31129 by htetnaing
Hi everyone,

I know this is sort of a stupid question but still I'm looking for an answer. Just the subject of this thread say, is there anyway that I can determine of the geographic location of a web server ? Recently, I've visited to some blogs and whenever I'm on their blog , there's sort of like a gadget or somethin saying you r from blur blur country and yr ip address is this. So, what I'm thinking is ok I've an address of a web server let's say www.yahoo.com but I've no idea where it's hosted i mean in which country. Is there a way to find out ? Thanks everyone for taking time and reviewing this question and will be looking forward to having some solutions which would make this puzzle go away. :D
More
14 years 9 months ago #31131 by Losh
Actually this is a very very funny time to reply to your message. A whole year and no one has posted anything!

Forum moderators whats happening?

Just joined this year, so let me do this guy some justice. I know i wouldn't want my post to be neglected like this.
You can check out this site, it will show you first of all your ip address and location, then you can type the ip address or the fully quallified domain name you want to locate.
It will give you the exact location, i mean country,city,state with complete latitude and longitude bearing and also their Internet Service Provider and how many addresses are assigned to them.
You will also see a geographical map of the couuntry and exact state location.

HAVE A BLAST WITH IT!

www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~
14 years 9 months ago #31135 by TheBishop
I'm confused Losh...
The header of htetnaing's question shows Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:11 am, around four hours before you replied. I wonder if you were looking at his joining date in the left hand column?
More
14 years 9 months ago #31136 by htetnaing
Thanks. That's exactly what I been looking for. www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ Btw, all the tutorials here are great and I been learning a lot from reading those tutorials. Thanks ya all for helping n00b like us. :D
More
14 years 9 months ago #31168 by Losh

I'm confused Losh...
The header of htetnaing's question shows Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:11 am, around four hours before you replied. I wonder if you were looking at his joining date in the left hand column?

Sorry for that. I take back my words, actually i wasn't really looking at the posting date. I looked at the day he joined. My bad.
I'm actually laughing at myself right now. I guess i was in the zone! Sorry peeps.

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~
14 years 9 months ago #31169 by TheBishop
I've been there too...
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds