Skip to main content

Default gateway

More
14 years 7 months ago #31950 by kola
Replied by kola on topic God bless
i realy don t know this is what i don t understad thank to rel4 and all the contibutor God bless :D

work-in-progress
More
14 years 7 months ago #32060 by broadcaststorm
Replied by broadcaststorm on topic Re: Default gateway
Or...

Imagine a classroom with, say, 10 people (hosts) in it.
The classroom itself is a network, our 10 people are hosts in the network (classroom).
The classroom has one door.
If the people (hosts) in the classroom (network) need to get to another classroom (network) they need to first get out of their classroom (network). They all use the same door to get out of their classroom and in to the corridor. The door out of (and back in to) the classroom is the default gateway. It's the same door for everyone ;)
As the hosts from our classroom (network) wander along the corridor looking for the destination classroom (nework), there are lots of other people (hosts) also in the corridor, but they are going to different classrooms (networks). Our people (hosts) know which classroom (network) they want to go to 'cos they know the destination address. Everyone else in the corridor has their own destination address and they will arrive at whichever classroom (network) they are looking for. Some will be going to the same classroom (network) that our people are, some are going to different classrooms (networks) elsewhere.
When our people arrive at the right classroom (network), everyone that needs to get in goes in via the same door for that classroom. That's the default gateway for that classroom (network), but we may have to queue because we can't all fit through the door at the same time ;)

IP networking ;)
More
14 years 7 months ago #32065 by talk2sp
Hey broadcast storm nice explanation u got there.....?

Were u a lecturer in ur former life (lol).

You really hit the nail on the head. I hope Kola and rel4 are clear with your illustration.

CODE-3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds