Skip to main content

disjointed external static ip's on same ASA5505?

More
15 years 1 month ago #29617 by blacksunshine

you can have it but you should define the route to reach that new subnet.

Thanks
Patiot

okay, just wanting to understand the capability of this unit...I have the same basic type of setup at my home running m0n0wall on an old neoware box....works like a champ....

wan, lan and dmz, dmz lets my main ip through and have a separate subnetting for the dmz as opposed to the lan...to get to the dmz items though, I have to create routes which is kind of funky...but this is just for internet access at the current time for the solution I am looking for so should not be that difficult....I think I am having a hard time with the relation of tasks in comparison to the terminology/commands....
More
15 years 1 month ago #29620 by S0lo

ok, trying to get my head wrapped around this again....

can I have the 'inside' range set to 192.168.0.0 and then the routed ip that I am working with be pointed inside to an ip on a totally different subnet, ie say pointing it to something within 192.168.1.0?

As Patiot mentioned, you can do that but the route to 192.168.1.0 should exist. However, if 192.168.1.0 is directly connected to your ASA on one of it's interfaces (say DMZ), then the route will be added automatically.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds