Skip to main content

Remote Desktop Connection on wireless Network

More
15 years 8 months ago #27207 by chitti
Hey Everyone,

I have a small doubt, Is it possible to establish a Remote Desktop Connection on wireless Network ??? If yes then does it work from Windows Vista to Windos XP or either ways ???

Thanks,
Raj
More
15 years 8 months ago #27208 by S0lo
Sure it's possible on wireless, I tried it. But did not try it on vista though (or vista with XP). But I'm almost certain that it should work, if not by default, you might need to tweak your firewall and remote users settings for it.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 8 months ago #27209 by KiLLaBeE
You can remote out from Vista Home Basic but can't remote in. Same with Vista Home Premium. There is a hack that will modify the registry and replace some DLLs in Vista Home Premium to allow you to remote desktop in, though.
More
15 years 8 months ago #27218 by chitti
Hey KiLLaBeE could you plz let me know what the hack is or how it works ???
More
15 years 8 months ago #27232 by KiLLaBeE
www.unet.fi/fransblog/2007/08/30/enable-...-vista-home-premium/

Being that I don't have Vista Premium (but rather Home Basic), I haven't had the opportunity to try this myself. I did see a version of this work on XP Pro to allow multiple remote desktop sessions.
More
15 years 8 months ago #27245 by mapena
Replied by mapena on topic RDC
Hi there,

I am running Vista Ultimate( no SP1), and RDC(mstsc) is working fine from Vista to XP and from XP to Vista.
In vista you need to enable: My Pc - System Properties - Remote Tab - Allow connections from computers.....

You have to enable Remote Desktop in your firewall.

Regards,

Miguel
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds