Skip to main content

Duplex Error

More
16 years 11 months ago #21870 by Dove
Duplex Error was created by Dove
Hi

I am having the below issue.

Server A and Server B both are connected with Switch1. Both the servers are running with 100 Mbps Full Duplex and both the switch ports are configured with Auto. But the server A connected port showin as 100 MB Half Duplex. Because of this I am getting slow connectivity and the interface Output error also increasing gradually.

This server was working fine before. Suddnely its speed was down and when I checked the switch found the switch port is operating on a-Half 7 a-100. How it will happen automatically. Which one is faulty Server's NIC or Switch port.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Dove
More
16 years 11 months ago #21872 by d_jabsd
Replied by d_jabsd on topic Re: Duplex Error
Are you locking the speed and duplex on the server?

If you lock one side, you absolutely have to lock the other side.
Never lock one side while leaving the other at Auto.

If both are set to auto, then try locking both sides to 100/full.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21873 by Dove
Replied by Dove on topic Re: Duplex Error
Here my query is, why suddenly the switch speed was droped down. What could be the reason....because it was worked well earlier.

Dove
More
16 years 11 months ago #21875 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Duplex Error
Have you applied any service packs/patches/updates or updated any software recently? Something must have changed - but in a way that's academic. The main point, as d_jabsd rightly says, is that you either need to have auto at both ends of the link or have both ends fixed at the same speed/mode
More
16 years 8 months ago #23042 by sp1k3tou
Replied by sp1k3tou on topic Re: Duplex Error
I have seen this happen with old NIC drivers. I would hard code the server and the switch ports to 100 Full and see if that works. If not try to use a new network cable and if that fails upgrade the NIC drivers.

woops sorry for bringing up an old thread.[/b]
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds