Skip to main content

Subnetting with Class A or B

More
16 years 11 months ago #21504 by jace5869
How come in my Network+ books and just about every other web page discussing subnetting they never use Class A and B ranges?
It seem slike it would be more complicate to do those.
I mea you have 3 or 2 more places to consider. Anyone have any good links to teach this?

I also have trouble finding ranges. I can tell you how many networks and how many host per. (2 to the blah power - 2 and so on) But when it asks the ranges I get turned around! Hard to explain, I freeze. I'm writing my test the 14th and I came across this site which I find is really filled with alot of good material, like mcmcse.com, proprofs.com, and techexams.net

Thanks everyone
More
16 years 11 months ago #21510 by Smurf
Sorry but i don't understand what you are asking for here ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21514 by jace5869
Like say you have a class A ( use 10.0.0.0)network with a subnet mask of 255.224.0.0 .. How do you figure out the network ranges? Like 10.0.0.0 to 10.32.255.255 for example.. I get confused on the Class A and B. I guess b/c you're dealing with larger networks.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21542 by ashok_nitc
same problem i had earlier... what i would say..just read again and again the topic (this site has one topic regarding subnetting, its good) and try to visualize the thing. lots of doubt will arise... feel free to ask that here in this forum!!
if u get the logic behind this, it will be very simple for u!
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds