Skip to main content

Interview questions

More
17 years 4 months ago #19181 by Brandonh
Interview questions was created by Brandonh
I have recently applied for a new job as a Network Support Engineer. The Director of the Network Operations Center has reccomended me for a second interview. In this interview there will be a CCIE asking me several questions. This is a entry level position in which they require you receive your CCNA within 6 months of hire. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should focus on for this interview? What the biggest topics I should review and go over are ?
More
17 years 4 months ago #19183 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: Interview questions
Obviously depends on what you know already Brandon.

I presume this is for the technical interview for entry level so I would assume they are looking for a good knowledge of TCP/IP and the layers and what happens as data comes in and out of the PC. The various devices and how they all work together within the network. IP addressing, etc.

As it is entry level and they will put you through a CCNA, I think it's just a good foundation they are looking for. But then it could be anything.

Good tip. If it's a CCIE interviewing you, don't try and geuss it or try and blag your way through. They will see right through it and it will make you look incincere and untrustworthy. If you don't know, say you don't know. If you don't know for sure but have an idea, say so and what your ideas are.

It will probably be the CCIE that will be responsible for moulding you so come across as someone who is worth the effort.

One more thing. Relax and calm down before you go in. If your really nervous it's really difficult to remember anything you know.

Good luck.
More
17 years 4 months ago #19188 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Interview questions
Great advice there Starfire

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 4 months ago #19201 by skeeterflea
Replied by skeeterflea on topic Re: Interview questions

Obviously depends on what you know already Brandon.

One more thing. Relax and calm down before you go in. If your really nervous it's really difficult to remember anything you know.

Good luck.

Easier said than done :D

I just went to a second interview today which I think went well (Minus the brain farts stinking it all up). :oops: I read to chew a piece of gum, that psychologically this helps during tests and other stressfull events. However chewing on gum might come off as errogant or disrespectfull during an interview lol.

I was asked what I know about TCP/IP also I think subnetting should be up there for interview question
More
17 years 4 months ago #19209 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: Interview questions
Before I go in I always think about what I think the interviewer(s) are looking for when putting someone into the position. Research in the company can help to find out why the job is there. Is it a new job and why? Is it replacing someone who is leaving?

Everyone is nervous at interview, even the interviewers when they initially got their jobs, so it is kind of expected. The more you want the job, the more nervous you are and generally, the worse your interview performance is.

Just think of what the interview is for. It is for them to meet you and decide if you will fit in with them and whether you can actually do the job. Getting to first or second interview is half the battle won already. Someone might be really qualified for the job but they still may not get it if it seems they might be a real problem to work with.

As a contractor I have been on many many interviews, some I have got, some I haven't. In permanent employemt before that I was the interviewer saying yes or no to candidates. Best advice I can give is relax and be yourself and never ever lie. (although polishing the truth is expected)
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds