Skip to main content

Concept of WIMAX technology

More
17 years 7 months ago #17031 by taqqi14
Hi Guys!
I wanto gain knowledge about WIMAX technolocy which is somewhat hot in my part of the world.If someone cud shed light on this topic.Ranger may be .
Thnx
rgds
Taqqi
More
17 years 7 months ago #17054 by Alans
hello taqqi14, check this link for some info about WiMAX
computer.howstuffworks.com/wimax.htm/printable

hope it help u :wink:

always Face your Fears...
More
17 years 7 months ago #17077 by KiLLaBeE
WiMAX is a WWAN technology, capable of transmitting data as far as 35miles or so and has throughput of up to 75Mbps. The early version of it required its antennas to be in line of sight, the newer version dropped that. I'm sure it's less expensive to have two buildings connected with WiMAX than to lease a line. I also believe that the antennas must be stationary.

If any of you have had any experience working with this, please share.
More
17 years 4 months ago #18667 by LooseCannon
Hey guys, my company has been offering a Wi-MAX service since July using Redline equipment. We are offering a service similar to ADSL with 3Mbps download by 800Kbps upload.

A few observations so far:
-Speeds are fairly consistant
-Latency is around 50ms, haven't seen anything lower that that
-If you don't have good LOS to the antenna don't even bother. I've noticed tons of subscriber units (SU's) that constantly lose sync if there are trees or buildings in the way.
More
17 years 4 months ago #18670 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic WIMAX
Never played with it myself, but a colleague here at work implemented it and his observations were remarkably similar to LooseCannon in that he tried it within a three-storey house with outbuildings (definitely not line-of-sight) and had erratic behaviour
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds