Skip to main content

network monitor

More
20 years 6 months ago #1363 by jackgbcx
network monitor was created by jackgbcx
:D

I have used many monitoring tools I need a good free graphic network monitor tool like whats up gold anyone knwo a good one?
More
20 years 6 months ago #1364 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: network monitor
What platform?

W2k has a network monitor. You can also get Ethereal for windows and Unix.

If you want really graphic, I like Observer from Network Instruments, but it is a little expensive.

Not sure what your criteria is.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 6 months ago #1365 by jackgbcx
Replied by jackgbcx on topic Network Monitor
I am looking for something like whats up that shows graphics of servers and routers
More
20 years 6 months ago #1370 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: network monitor
I think he's talking about a network monitor not a protocol analyser. Ethereal and Microsofts NetMon are analysers.

Do you just need a tool that occasionally pings the server and shows you whether its up or down ? There are many little utils that do that. On the other hand if you want something that lets you use SNMP and change configuration.. i don't think you'll get a free one... unless you use linux.

Cheers

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 6 months ago #1375 by jackgbcx
Replied by jackgbcx on topic network monitor
i would like to obtain something like netcrunch or whats up gold that shows a graphical map of the network
More
20 years 6 months ago #1377 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: network monitor
Well I happened to just look for a few network management/monitoring tools with all the buzz and whistles on it, and I think I have found one that might be worth trying, but its not free :) However you can still grab an evaluation license.

The name is AdventNet ManageEngineTM OpManager and the screen shots look quite sexy :)

Check it out at www.adventnet.com/products/opmanager/index.html

I'm also just about to check out netcrunch, haven't heard of it before. I'll let you know what my opinion is.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds