Skip to main content

Cisco Jabber integration with CME 10.5

More
8 years 11 months ago #38631 by Davion
Afternoon guys,

I currently have cme 10.5 and wanted to know if Jabber for android version 10.6 or earlier was supported on this release.
More
8 years 11 months ago #38632 by Chris
Hi Davion,
I'd have to admit that Cisco's support for Jabber on their CME platform has been nothing but a disappointment. They initially supported the android platform but then pull out for some unknown reason.

I personally contacted Cisco about supporting Jabber for the android platform (they support Apple since version 8.6!), but never received a clear answer. CME will most probably allow you to configure the jabber client, however, installing it and getting it to work on an android device, is a completely different thing. I had a special engineering edition shared with me by Cisco, in order to get it to work for a customer who actually decided to by the CME product because of Jabber for android!

This special engineering edition of Jabber was offered by Firewall.cx. but had to be removed following Cisco's request as they do not allow sharing of such versions of the application.

You'll find our article which covers the installation and configuration of CME/Jabber for android/iphone here:

Configuring CallManager Express (CME) To Support Cisco Jabber IP Phone for Android & iPhone

You'll certainly have to try for your self and see if you can find a jabber for android version that works with CME 10.5 and your android device, but if all fails, I'd suggest you simply revert to a SIP client to save yourself the hassle and fustration.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds