Skip to main content

WAN technology?

• truesdq
  • Topic Author
  • I am simple and have friendly nature
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #36696 by truesdq
WAN technology? was created by truesdq
what is WAN technology and the routers and switches using in WAN would be different from LAN technology? :idea:

simplest
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #36699 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: WAN technology?
In short, the main deferences is in the Physical layer and Datalink layer. The protocols and hardware/cables used are different. For example, In Datalink layer, LAN can use 802.3/Ethernet while WAN can use HDLC, Frame Relay etc..

A router can have both WAN and LAN ports, which is usually the case.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
  • truesdq
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #36700 by truesdq
Replied by truesdq on topic Re: WAN technology?
thanx SOLO

I need to know about the differences between Data link layer of LAN and WAN... could you tell me<?> please

simplest
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #36702 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: WAN technology?
@Truesdq, you have to read, and that is the key to must of your answers. There is a huge literature review on networking that you can go through. And you will find out that you will not even need to ask some questions. Most of the questions you ask are basic concept related. Mostly at forums like this you iron out technical field issues that seems up-side-down to you, And people will respond from experience. Have a nice time
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #36704 by rizin
Replied by rizin on topic Re: WAN technology?
Yes i agree with sose.

Truesdq - you have to read the book and internet articles yourself to master these technology alteast to acquire a enhance basic knowledge.

However you can ask about some commands or trouble shooting areas which can be relevant and add/share experience for everyone.

I'm i right folks ?

Regards,

Rizin

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
  • truesdq
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 week ago #36733 by truesdq
Replied by truesdq on topic Re: WAN technology?
what you thinking that i hadn't read!!!?!!!
but actually i need someone who can share his practical knowledge if he has, because books usually making your focusing on the topic theoretically. i don't mean book can't improve us but not 95% to 99.99% for these remaining % we need some1 to make our concepts where little confusions stop to proceed...
e.g
i was asking about ip and mac addresses, the use of these both in single LAN and i was improving my concept about these through internet communities either some1 has the practical concept to make it clear 2 me...
you know thiz t00 interesting that i was getting different answers from different users and my concept was improved upto great extent...
i am very thankful to all those guys whoz sharing their knowledge
and God Bless them...Ameen
what you think i shoudn't ask and make clear my concept where i feel confusions and needed some1 to help me if i don't find any1 local arround me!!!
(sorry for long assay)

simplest
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds