Skip to main content

2 Cisco Router

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #34151 by vista
2 Cisco Router was created by vista
Hi Mate, there is anyone here can help me with my 2 Router configuration. i've 2 cisco router 2600 series, i use back to back cable DCE/DTE to connect 2 router together and 1 console cable connect router to my pc with hyperterminal. i configured 1 router, its goes fine but my problem here is i cannot configure second router. because everytime i hit control+z , it back to Router1 again. Router1> , what i want is how can i start with new user mode like this Router>? please let me know, any help muach appreciated.

Thanks
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #34152 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: 2 Cisco Router

Hi Mate, there is anyone here can help me with my 2 Router configuration. i've 2 cisco router 2600 series, i use back to back cable DCE/DTE to connect 2 router together and 1 console cable connect router to my pc with hyperterminal. i configured 1 router, its goes fine but my problem here is i cannot configure second router. because everytime i hit control+z , it back to Router1 again. Router1> , what i want is how can i start with new user mode like this Router>? please let me know, any help muach appreciated.

Thanks

Hello. I'm not sure I'm reading what your saying correctly but if hitting "control+z" kicks you out just use the commands instead of the shortcuts.

instead of control+z use:

[code:1]
exit // command will take you out of configuration mode into enable mode
disable //command will take you out of enable mode
Logout //Command will log out out of a telnet session
[/code:1]

Keep in mind you may be kept from using a VTY line if a password is not set. The default telnet setting requires a password so people on the outside can not do damage to the router. (this is configured by console connection)

The configuration for a vty line password is simple:
(done over a console connection)
[code:1]
Router>Enable //Sets you into privileged mode
Router# Config Terminal //Sets you into router configuration mode
(Router-Config)#Line VTY 0 16 //setting multiple lin
(Router line-config)#Password cisco //Sets password to cisco
(Router line-config)#login // Allows login over vty lines
(Router line-config)#exit //Exits line config mode
(Router-Config)#exit //Exits configuration mode
Router#disable // Return to user mode
Router>

//Note typed in manually not copied from a router actual prompts may be slightly different
[/code:1]

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #34170 by ljsbs
Replied by ljsbs on topic Re: 2 Cisco Router
Have you tried just connecting and programming one router at a time via the console cable and then save your config's, then connect the serial cables?
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds