Skip to main content

how to check my TCP port

More
16 years 8 months ago #22630 by mazer
hello guys i just want to know how can i check if my TCP port 2001-2010 is open coz i have lab reservation on wed. and where can i find the Manual Reset steps jus incase tnx.. :D
More
16 years 8 months ago #22631 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: how to check my TCP port
I'm not sure I understand you, But if you want to check your PC for open ports type the following in a command prompt.

[code:1]netstat /a[/code:1]

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 8 months ago #22651 by mazer
Replied by mazer on topic Re: how to check my TCP port
ok netstat /a works but i dont see my port 2001 on the list how can i open this port or is it already open and i can only see it when i start the cisco lab? :?
More
16 years 8 months ago #22713 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: how to check my TCP port
You can use a free program called TCPView which will show all the connections established, waiting ect... just like netstat would, but TCPView will also show what port is attempting to open in real-time.

Example: If you tried to login to the Cisco lab, TCPView would show that attempt in the GUI window and show whether that connection established, will establish, or is blocked.

I would recommend just logging into your router and open up the ports that you need. Should be fairly straight forward under the option Administration > Port Forwarding, respectively. Each router will slightly differ.

ZiPPy
More
16 years 8 months ago #22716 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: how to check my TCP port

I would recommend just logging into your router and open up the ports that you need. Should be fairly straight forward under the option Administration > Port Forwarding, respectively. Each router will slightly differ.

Thought port forwarding was for incoming traffic not outgoing traffic. To access the lab, you need the ports enabled outbound ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22728 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: how to check my TCP port
Good point Smurf, I wasn't aware that the lab requires ports to be enabled outbound. I haven't booked a time for the lab, so I am not 100% sure what needs to be done.

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds