Skip to main content

Possible alternative/add on?

More
17 years 6 months ago #17286 by bryantp
Hi guys,

Although this is my first post I have visited your site often and enjoyed the articles, forums, and such.

I recently came across this site and thought it could be an option to add in more functionality to the Cisco Lab. If nothing else perhaps offer new ideas for the LAB. Or another project to collaborate with going forward as another Cisco resource.
Thanks

www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator
More
17 years 6 months ago #17395 by bryantp
Not sure why there were no comments here. Seems a feasible idea. Hopefully, I didn't offend the users or more so the owners/contributors of the site. That was not my intention. Just seemed like a good project that I thought could offer another option for the lab.
More
17 years 6 months ago #17400 by Chris
Bryan,

Surely noone was offended by your post, in fact I took the time to examine the link and emulator and found it surprisingly interesting! I actually loaded a 3640 IOS image to it and forgot I was running an emulator!

Obviously there's a lot of work to be done in order to support the hardware and complex network scenarios one would want, but its surely showing promising for now!

While its a great project, I can't see how we might be able to include it in our Cisco lab. Chances are we would probably purchase a 3640 or 7200 series router, rather than emulate one :)

Thanks again for sharing it with us. We are always open to new ideas that might help improve the services we provide, including the Cisco lab.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
17 years 6 months ago #17455 by bryantp
Well shame to hear it isn't feasible. And glad to hear that I didn't offend :).

Thanks again for all your (and the teams) hard work with the lab.
More
17 years 6 months ago #17477 by Rockape
Bryan,

Welcome to firewall. One thing you will find about this site, is that everyone throws ideas and suggestions out and no one is ever offended. We are a family, and help each other out all the time. So, if you ever have any ideas, or problems you can't solve, post them, and someone will try and help.

Enjoy yourself here, have fun, it's a great place to be :D
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds