Skip to main content

Need Materials for Cisco Lab

More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13928 by jwj
I'd imagine once the lab goes live, there will be a big jump in membership. Especially if sites like digg and slashdot link to you. Anyways, have you considered accepting paypal donations? I'm sure it could help in getting bigger and "badder" equipment to play with.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13932 by Chris
Rockape,

It's is all about our nice 'little' community :)

But in all honesty and no offense taken, this project isn't a one-man project and I wouldn't want to take all the credit.
All congratulations should be properly addressed to the site's team as they are the heros of this whole story!

Jwj, the topic of donations has been brought up in the past by nske and we decided we would accept donations only after the lab was fully operational.

This would happen to ensure no one misunderstands our intentions in providing free education and services to the world. Because we want to populate the lab with Call manager express, more PIX Firewalls and some very expensive equipment such as ISDN switches (to allow ISDN dialups between routers), we would have to somehow cover these costs, not to mention the running costs for the lab and site, which have grown a lot!

The lab alone has cost us more than $10,000 US Dollars so far, this includes development, equipment, dedicated Internet line, ups, cables (the expensive Cisco ones!) and much more.

In short, we will give back to the community, as much as we can.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13939 by Rockape
Rockape prostrates himself at Chris's feet, and the feet of the rest of the magnificent firewall.cx team

Hey, what can I say. This is the most education site I've found, and I'm glad the Bishop directed me here.

Keep up the good work folks.
More
17 years 1 month ago #20125 by optimos
Chrish,
As a new member to this family i can only say "HATS off " to u guys.
keep it up.

Cheers
:lol:

Trying to be better dan Myself
More
17 years 1 month ago #20336 by sahirh
Don't listen to him... he's a one man army... the rest of us pretty much stand around and look pretty (ugly)... well, at least that's what I do ;)

Nothing is nicer than community generated material. The team had discussed this ages ago when we were planning to have a community contributed section. We decided against if because it would be hard to control quality of submissions, however it's obvious in this particular case that it would make a great addition.

Perhaps we could revisit that idea...

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds