Skip to main content

Bypassing The Google 1000 Results Limit, I know .. it's impo

More
18 years 9 months ago #9213 by ping
I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get ALL the results from google
and bypass the 1000 results limitation ..
For the few people that don't know what I'm talking about
you have to know that although google will tell you that a search
produce a lot of results , let's say 734244, on the top right of the first page,if you
click on the bottom of the page to get the other result pages , you will notice
that the latest result page will show you the results till number 1000 , no matter
how many results your search produced.
So if this is not a big problem for a normal use of google (I'm sure that if
you have till 1000 possibilities to find the answer for your question , you will get your answer), it's really a big problem if you plain of using google from a security perspective ..
this really prevent from using google as a security tool ..
obviusly a solution can be to narrow your search using google arguments ,doing
more searches that don't give more than 1000 results ,
but indeed this is not a clean way , and is single search dependent ..
so I was wondering if someone knows something else about this ..

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 9 months ago #9223 by nske
From what I gathered, it is the google developers' choise to put that limit, for the sake of speed and perhaps to (somewhat) limit the use of google for searches that aim to mass script-specific exploitation.

Depending on the design of the google's engine, it may be (and chances are it is) plainly impossible to overcome this limitation, since the engine simply will not output any more than the top 1000 rated results, which means there is no way for the user to draw them. Even if it is otherwise, ie. if that limitations occurs at the highest level, after the results are numbered, rated and output from the engine and just before they are printed (which I find very unlike since in that case resources would be consumed for no reason), accessing the latest results would still be too difficult or even impossible, as it would involve a mistake in the interface script (which is not open source) and the user finding and exploiting it.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9238 by Chris
If you see it from a more realistic point of view .... how many people are going to sit down and go through 1000+ results ?

I've hit around 100 at times, but its just to time consuming to keep going!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds