Skip to main content

Error sending a private message !!

More
18 years 7 months ago #9808 by Tarun
I got this message when i was trying to one of the private messages that i had in my inbox.

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 277
File : /home/firewall/public_html/includes/emailer.php

Anyone else getting this kind of a problem ??

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 7 months ago #9812 by nske
Yes, this is a known issue. The private message is sent, however the email notification for the users that have activated this feature at their account options fails to be sent. This error notifies that PHP failed to send a message from the defined SMTP server, as the script instructed. This can either be a result of a mistake at the script, of the PHP configuration, of the SMTP server configuration, or of some other factor that causes PHP to not be able to perform this operation (like system permissions, chrooted/jailed environment, traffic filtering, etc).

I'm sure Chris and Sahir will deal with it as soon as they find the time. :)
More
18 years 7 months ago #9814 by Tarun
Thanx for the update buddy.

More
18 years 7 months ago #9825 by Chris
Oh yes .... that's another thing on the 'To Do' list one the Cisco lab is complete :)

Bare with us Tarun as we are allocating all resources and free time to the development of the lab as this is clearly a top priority!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #9828 by Tarun
Nothing to worry about chris, all of us really appreciate the time & effort that you guys are putting in to make this website what it is today.

Three Cheers to www.firewall.cx & ofcourse the hands behind it :)

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds