Skip to main content

Not a Problem, Just a query!

More
19 years 4 months ago #6284 by Cool_Spot
Ever since joining earlier this year, i've always wondered about the domain firewall.cx.

Why did you guys register the CX domain when you started up this site. Just curious of the history, as i believe the CX domain comes from the Christmas islands off Australia is that correct? This is obviously a bit out of the ordinary lol

I'm just very intrigued as to this sites background lol

:?:
More
19 years 4 months ago #6285 by KiLLaBeE
I've been wondering the same thing :)

I heard that Chris use to live in Australia, maybe that's why it's registered there.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6286 by sahirh
A bit of history here..
Yes you're absolutely right, .cx are Christmas Island domain names (no that's not why we've got everything set up all Santa-like on the banner ;))..

Long before I joined the site, I had got myself a .cx domain name, I remember they were giving them out free ages ago.. I never really got round to asking Chris about whether thats how he picked it up.

Its actually a very smart name.. you can't get firewall.com or .net or similar.. but this still comes out like a top level domain name and its very easy to remember :)

Yes, Chris did live in Australia... in fact I think he still considers it 'home'.... though now he's in the land of olives !

So far no member of the firewall.cx team comes from Christmas Island... maybe we should get one just for the heck of it ;)

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds