Skip to main content

Site Copy Blocker Bad!

• nothappy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 7 months ago #4836 by nothappy
Site Copy Blocker Bad! was created by nothappy
The site copy blocker "feature" you have activated disables access for me from my university computer labs. From what I know they do not contain any copy software unless you consider a proxy server a site copy program. I cannot use the internet without the proxy therefore i cannot access this site. Does this also mean that you're going to send a breach of copyright notice to my university because i tried to browse your site?!

not happy...
More
19 years 7 months ago #4837 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Site Copy Blocker Bad!
Hi nothappy, I'd like to address your concerns since obviously we don't want you to be unable to access the site. The technology we're currently using prevents webspiders from crawling the pages and downloading them very quickly. If you could tell me what error you're getting, we will sort it out.. since I haven't understood why the module should block your normal requests.

The reason we have done this is not to stop people copying the site (it could be done manually, or at a slower rate), but to lessen the load on our server so that all of you are able to access the site with proper performance. We found that when many people were spidering, other users were getting high page generation times.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, if you can give me some details we will make sure it is sorted out for you.

Cheers mate,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
  • nothappy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 7 months ago #4845 by nothappy
Replied by nothappy on topic Re: Site Copy Blocker Bad!
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your comments and I will try to reproduce the problems and give you as much details as possible in order to help solve this problem which may affect others.

Thanks.
More
19 years 7 months ago #4846 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Site Copy Blocker Bad!
My guess is that there is something in your http header that is triggering the system and therefore blocking your access. If you can let us know what O/s and web browser you are using, along with the IP address (if possible), we can make arrangements to exclude you from the block.

Closing, you can submit the information via the feedback form to ensure this information is received only by us.

Regards,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds